Dana is a teacher, friendship expert and the founder of Girl Power and Good Guys. After starting her career as a 4th grade teacher in a private school in 2004, Dana started to recognize the complexity and intensity that comes with girl friendships. Motivated to facilitate a culture and community of kindness and support, Dana launched her first GirlPower friendship program in 2009. A few years later, and after the launch of her book, “The Friendship Project”, Dana was encouraged to create a brother program, which launched in 2014 called GoodGuys. Since then, Girl Power and Good Guys has been used in schools all around the world to help young girls and boys, parents and educators learn and embrace the incredible culture change that goes with the program and building healthy friendships. Because of Dana’s hard work and vision for better relationships between children in schools she is the 2016 Mompreneur Momentum Award Winner! Congratulations!
“Let go or limit everything that drags you down. Increase the amount of positivity in your life”
- Create boundaries. Separate work life and home life when working from home.
- You don’t have to be best friends with everyone as a young child, but you have to be nice and decent to one another.
- The feedback and the harder to hear things, are the times where we learn the most about ourselves and our businesses.
- We all have value to contribute. Don’t underestimate the value of ‘YOU’.
- Do all things with excellence and authenticity.
- Girl Power and Good Guys
- Rising Strong – Brené Brown
- Daring Greatly – Brené Brown
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see down below on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, how many people are reached and I love reading them!
Join The Balancing Act Podcast Nation!
- Subscribe to the The Balancing Act Podcast.
- Enter your email on the top right of this page for regular emails from Teliah on how to balance personal life and business life as a wife, mom and entrepreneur.