Jean is a financial expert and journalist, and an author. Jean came on as financial editor for NBC’s Today Show where continues to work today. In addition to this, she has written numerous books on finance like, ‘Pay it Down!’ and ‘Make Money, Not Excuses’. Jean continues to share her knowledge and philosophy on finance with her latest venture, her podcast called, ‘Her Money’. A podcast for women, by women about money.
- Save money! Set up accounts so that money moves automatically from account to account. This is important for security, especially as an entrepreneur and family planning. Save BEFORE you spend! Saving is the base with which people can live the life they want!
- You may not become completely balanced in a single day. Just make sure that your personal life and business life shakes out over the course of a month. If it doesn’t at that point, eliminate some things.
- Create zones of productivity. Create specific areas of your home where you feel the most productive and accomplish the most tasks. This is especially important if you work from home!
- Take the chance. Don’t wonder if you could have made something successful. Just take the chance and work at it until you find that it is worth or not worth continuing.
- Jean’s podcast, Her Money. A podcast made by women, for women about money.
- Books that Jean has authored and published can be found here!
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- The Not So Big House by Sarah Susanka
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see down below on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I love reading them!
Join The Balancing Act Podcast Nation!
- Subscribe to the The Balancing Act Podcast.
- Enter your email on the top right of this page for regular emails from Teliah on how to balance personal life and business life as a wife, mom and entrepreneur.