After spending 20 years in law enforcement as a patrol officer and detective, Michelle now finds her self, teaching yoga and meditation. She is certified at a 500 hour level and certified in Yoga Nidra. During her time in law enforcement, Michelle encountered individuals who were in a state of crisis due to drastic changes. It was through those moments where she really became passionate in helping individuals process that experience and find purpose in their new way of living. You can say that she retired from the police force and turned to a different kind of public service.
“Organize your life!”
- Really set yourself up for success throughout the day by preparing the night before. Be organized and plan the night before. It makes the morning go smoothly.
- Stay organized and take notes! Organize your life and it won’t feel as overwhelming.
- Meditate. Take moments of silence throughout the day to stay grounded and keep emotions level when challenges arise. Take tiny moments to disconnect and focus on breath. It will calm your nervous system and balance everything out.
- Connect with people who are like-minded, yes but connect with those that challenge you in every area. That is where growth happens.
- Be ‘ok’ with walking away from something, someone or a situation if it is necessary. It’s important to focus your energy on what truly makes you fulfilled. Be content with the experience!
- Michelle’s Personal Site
- 10% Happier – Dan Harris – Click the link for a FREE Audible Download!
- Lean In – Sheryl Sandberg – Click the link for a FREE Audible Download!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see down below on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, how many people are reached and I love reading them!
Join The Balancing Act Podcast Nation!
- Subscribe to the The Balancing Act Podcast.
- Enter your email on the top right of this page for regular emails from Teliah on how to balance personal life and business life as a wife, mom and entrepreneur.