It has been said, “You WIN the morning, you WIN the day.”
Well, some of you may already know where I’m going with this, and that’s great. Others, maybe not! This will be a refresher for some and a totally new concept for others.
Our entire life is compiled of tiny (and big) choices, and it has been that way since we were old enough to start making decisions on our own.
These decisions start every day, from the moment we wake up until the time we go to sleep every night.
Because most of our decision making power is in the morning, right after we wake up, I’m going to focus on how to WIN the morning and how the rest of your day will fall into place, winning the entire time.
Here are 6 things to do to ensure you are winning the morning and the day!
- Read 5-10 pages in an inspirational or self-development book
- Reflect on your personal goals and values. This is where having a WHY comes in handy.
- Reflect on your vision. Again, vision your life 5 years from now and refocus on that.
- Meditate. Take time to clear your mind from the clutter of life and fill it back up with what you want.
- Exercise. Don’t be sedentary. The more you do it, the better you’ll feel and better you look which in turn makes you feel even better! Crazy right?
- Journal. Write down ideas, feelings, experiences. Use this as a tool to focus on what you’re grateful for and letting go of the thoughts that bog you down.
I personally do each of these things every day and they have turned into habits for me that I look forward to doing as soon as I wake up. I feel alert and ready for the day.
For a little more in depth look at each of these 6 habits, check out the following video:
We have so much brain power ready to be utilized early in the morning. Use it to set yourself up for success the rest of the day.
Win the morning and win your day!